Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sins, Written 1/15/15

Your skin as white as snow betrays the coldness in your heart,
Your lips, crimson, as if they'd taste the blood spilled on your part
Your coerced smile, so beautiful, but only for display,
Left to return to distaste as the camera fades away.

I know not how the warning signs escaped my watchful eye,
Selective though it was; too quick distracted by your sigh.
Yet though my ear heard more direct that you would leave in pain,
I drove you through my heart, knowing full well you'd not remain.

After a while i'd fooled myself, believing you would stay,
Thinking my care would somehow wash your fear and sin away.
I should have known unholiness would not be kept at bay,
and now I reap its ruinous rewards in my dismay.

I plunged you into my heart, and the devil tore you out,
and as you ran, my pulsing blood left too, no more devout,
but not to safety, instead in his arms you lay alone.
Ever for your sins, Emptiness shall force you to atone.

No comments:

Post a Comment