Sunday, November 23, 2014

Falling, Written 11/23/14

Falling, Written 11/23/14

Since Kindergarten, Gravity has been a recurring enemy of mine. 
I was looking at the art show with my mother, when suddenly I had to ask:
"Mummy, Why are all the paintings turning black and white?"
Before I even knew that I was falling,
I woke up in bed, with my mother watching over me.

Apparently, Sometimes my heart decides to mess with my head.
Instead of doing its job, and pumping blood so that I can function,
my heart decides to do its own thing.
So, sometimes I wake up on the floor, not knowing that I even fell. 

I guess I have always known 
That I fall hard and fast,
but somehow, you still caught me by surprise
And I didn't even realise that I was falling for you
until I woke up next to you
trying to figure out what happened.

Lately, I've learned to tell when my heart is getting ahead of itself
recognising the tingling euphoria
as the shadow of the world crawls into the edges of my vision.
I've learned to find a wall, or a chair,
and let myself fall gently. 
Yet somehow I still wake up
Not knowing just quite what happened. 

I tried to back off when you seemed too overwhelmed.
I tried to let myself down slowly when you seemed to maintain distance. 
Somehow, You'd still caught me by surprise.
I didn't even realise you were letting me fall
until I woke up next to no one
Trying to figure out what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment